Please read the following information to ensure that you are fully aware of how personal data is collected, processed, and used on our website.
1. Controller for processing the personal data
Your data is processed in the name and on behalf of:
Ulmer Str. 10
Controllers and managing directors: Tsunehisa Suita (CEO), Dr.-Ing. Martin Fiedler, Stefan Glasmeyer
You can contact our data protection officer at the mailing address above or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this reason, we ask that you occasionally visit this page to find out about any changes we make here.
2. Data collection for statistical and internal system processes
For technical reasons, your Internet browser automatically sends data to our web server when you access our website. This data includes the name of the website accessed, the file, date and time of the access, status codes, browser type and version, and the visitor’s IP address. This data is stored separately from other data that you enter while using our services. This data does not refer to a specific person. The log data collected is used exclusively for statistical evaluations to ensure reliable operation, security and improved usability for our Internet presence, and is then deleted. If we have concrete reasons for suspecting unlawful use, we reserve the right to review the log data later and evaluate it with regard to the concrete suspicion as necessary.
3. Collection and processing of personal data
Personal data is only collected and processed if you provide it to us through our Internet presence. This could be the case:
- When you request a consultation or offer
- When you use our after-sales and service forms
- When you submit a supplier application
- When you make a general inquiry (which you can also make by e-mail, phone, or on social media such as Facebook)
- When you download one of our white papers
- When you order our newsletter
- When you register for the LEWA press distribution list
- When you use our application and contact forms
- When you register for our online shop
- When you use our contact form for the online shop
The personal data sent to us depends on which form you use to contact us.
The personal data you enter will be collected and stored for the internal uses listed below and for our own purposes:
- To create a customer profile and for the contact history
- To transfer the data to the subsidiaries or sales partners responsible for serving you
- For assignment and processing of your inquiry
- To create and send you offers of products and services
- To create and process contracts
- For customer satisfaction surveys
- To process applications for job listings (see also the specific information under item 5)
- To conduct any necessary personal communication by phone, fax, letter, e-mail, or on social networks
- For storage in a customer relationship management system (CRM system)
- For managing visitors who visit our premises
- For advertising measures for products and services from companies in the LEWA Group, affiliated companies and licensed commercial products
- To send you the newsletter, invitations to trade shows and events, product information and general news about our corporate group, industry and technologies by e-mail
4. Processing data for our newsletter
In order to send the newsletter, we will retain your data until you send us a corresponding notice or terminate your subscription to our newsletter. You may terminate your subscription at any time using the link provided in the newsletter. By terminating, you are revoking permission to use your contact data. Your data will then be immediately deleted at no cost to you.
In addition, personal data is automatically collected when you access the newsletter and its content. We use this data for statistical purposes and to optimize our products and services.
5. Data privacy during the application process
We collect and process applicants’ personal data in order to process their applications. The data may also be processed electronically. In particular, this is the case if applicants send us the relevant application materials electronically, for example using our online form or by e-mail. If LEWA GmbH concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the personal data sent will be stored for the purpose of managing the employment relationship in accordance with the legal requirements. If we do not conclude an employment contract with an applicant, the application materials will be deleted by no later than six months after we turn down the application, unless deleting them would conflict with LEWA GmbH’s other legitimate interests. Other legitimate interests in this sense include, for example, the burden of proof in proceedings based on the German General Act on Equal Treatment (AGG).
When you use our online form, the data is encrypted using state-of-the-art methods before it is sent to us. Alternatively, you may also send us your application by e-mail. However, please note that applicants must encrypt it themselves in this case. For that reason, we recommend either using our online form or mailing it to us.
Any documents that you submit in connection with reimbursement of your travel expenses will be stored in accordance with the requirements of applicable tax law, and will be deleted after expiry of the retention periods defined by law.
6. Legal basis for processing your data
The lawfulness (legal basis) for processing your data results from your consent (in accordance with Art. 6, Par. 1(a) of the GDPR) and/or the necessity of doing so in order to perform a contract or take steps prior to entering into a contract (in accordance with Art. 6, Par. 1(b) of the GDPR). If it is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by LEWA GmbH, we will process the data in accordance with Art. 6, Par. 1(f) of the GDPR. Any data you provide during the application process is also processed in accordance with Section 26 of latest version of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). If you voluntarily provide us with special categories of personal data in your application (for example information about a disability), your data will also be processed in accordance with Art. 9 Par. 2(b) of the GDPR. If we need to request data about your health to ensure that the requirements for the position advertised are met, processing of this data will also comply with Art. 9 Par. 2(a) of the GDPR.
7. Duration of data storage
We will store your data for the period of time for which your consent is valid or until the data has fulfilled its purpose. Afterwards, we will delete this data if no legal obligations require us to retain it.
8. Transferring data
The data you enter in the forms will always be sent in encrypted form.
We may arrange for data to be transferred to one or more processors, such as service providers (web hosting service providers) or our affiliated companies or the sales agencies commissioned by LEWA GmbH, which will also use the personal data exclusively for internal purposes that can be attributed to our company.
We will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties without your consent unless doing so is required by law or necessary in order to protect LEWA GmbH’s rights, property, or security.
If external service providers come into contact with personal data, we demand mandatory legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
Among other things, our website uses “cookies” that are used to make our Internet presence more user-friendly, more effective, and more secure – for example, to accelerate navigation on our platform. Cookies also permit us to measure information such as the frequency of page calls and general navigation. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. Please note that some of these cookies are copied from our server to your computer system; these are usually what are known as “session cookies.” Session cookies are characterized by the fact that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive after the end of the browser session. Other cookies (“persistent cookies”) remain in your computer system and allow us to recognize your computer system the next time you visit our site. Of course, you can always reject cookies at any time as long as your browser allows you to. However, this might limit the convenience and options for using our Internet presence.